An integrated supply chain network that mirrors processes with data. This empowers you to reduce risk and maximise value.
Supply chains face many challenges.
- Collaborating across members and partners.
- Supporting Machine to Machine (M2M), Machine to People and People to People communications.
- Breaking down the silos within inter organisation processes.
- The patchwork of ERP and specialised systems used within an organisations.
- Visibility across the supply chain.
- Response to change within the supply chain.
- High cost, high risk integration.
- Data security and trust.
These challenges create wastage and add risk. They replicate data, creating muliple sources of the truth. That increases compliance and security issues. This blocks the flow of data, creating a disconnect between members and goods. That leaves the supply chain with a disruptive jigsaw puzzle. That blocks the efficiency savings digital provides.
Supply chain members have three forms of integration to overcome these challenges. These include:
- People that makes a phone calls or receive emails. These people act as integrator as the information is viewed, then retyped into another IT system. The retyping of data increases the chance of error and misunderstanding. That increases risk and costs.
- Utilising a portal to share information in a structured format. This wastes time for people in processes. That's because they have to login and reenter information multiple time across portals. This lead to screen scrapping to capture information. Screen scrapping breaks and creates error when a portal is updated. That increases risk and increases costs and communications.
- Extracting data into a document and emailing it to another supply chain member. These documents tend to have a structured format. For example a csv or xls format. But, some may use images and unstructured formats like doc. Exporting these documents have the benefit that its simple to set up. But, this has two downfalls. Firstly, it uses a person to person communication layer. This increases wastage and costs. Secondly, the data gets replicated and increases compliance risk. This replication causes errors within the data and structure.
These rely on manual processes and don't harness the power of digital. They create risk for three reasons. Firstly, they replicate error prone data across processes without validation. Secondly, they make it hard to manage machine-to-machine communications. Both of these reasons impede the flow of trusted data. Lastly, they make it hard to monitor and improve efficiencies. This costs time and money.
Digital provides an opportunity to govern, reuse and build on data. This delivers efficiency savings throughout the supply chain network.
Empowering the supply chain to work together.
A horizontal layer connects data and partners across supply chains. This empowers members to break down manual processes, removing replication. That allows them to build trust and automate across traditional borders. This reduces errors, friction and risk.
Using a horizontal collaboration and governance layer differs from a data hub. It allows members to build on and extend data. This moves them beyond the replicative error prone processes. A horizontal layer allows supply chain members to manage reuseable data from single sources of the truth. It seamlessly aggregates data into a single, governed view.
The layer provides a scalable, trusted way to manage and connect data. This enables members to use data to trigger automation. That builds the foundation for an intelligent supply chain, allowing you to build for the future.
GARNET8 Collaboration Clouds (G8CC) create an opportunity. It provides a simple low risk horizontal layer. It connects data and partners to remove replication and manual processes. Its merges data governance and messaging bus into a simple decentralised layer.
G8CC's data governance empowers collaboration. It creates the building blocks to reuse and extend data across traditional borders. The auditable trial it builds around data objects builds trust. This allows partners to make informed decisions faster on high quality information.
The messaging bus gets triggered by data change. This builds on the governance layer to provide automation across members processes. That supports the horizontal integration of the supply chain network.
G8CC harnesses data to create agile, reponsive supply chains.
With G8CC you can:
Deploy our Application Platform on AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Kubernetes, private cloud.
G8CC's flexibility allows you to manage your data building trust. That empowers you to add value to your data across traditional borders.
Remove duplicated effort and wastage. Harness and build on the value of digital and data, reducing delivery and ongoing costs.